Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fear

Here I am
In a car.
It's a police car.
The lights are Flashing.
Red, white, and blue
Everywhere.
After Today, I have decided
That police cars are
My greatest fear.
I look to my left
And there is the street.
Three fire trucks are ready
With their hoses.
I can taste it...
The smoke in the air.
Dare I look to the right?
I look uneasily to the right.
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!
WHY ME?!?
Nobody understands...
Nobody understands...
Nobody knows...
What it feels like...
To see your home...
Everything you ever worked for...
TO BE BURNED BEFORE YOUR VERY EYES!

2 comments:

kellymae said...

wow J.T you did a really good job. i really lked this when you read it to the class.

Cassie said...

makes me sad, but I really like it. it makes you feel like you're there also.