JT is struggling to breathe. Gasping for air, the raindrops of sweat drop on his bed. He is trying so very hard to sit up. His heart rate is 197. The sweat is intense. He has this look on his face...kind of like when you are happy, but the weird kind of happy. He had the most unusually disturbing dream he’d had for months. After today, he will not ever want to go to sleep again.
The sky is golden, there are no clouds above. However, JT is standing on the clouds. He looks around him. There is a young boy, probably about nine or ten. They are about fifteen feet apart. The wind is blowing at approximately seven and a half miles per hour. JT has medium length silvery hair. It was as soft as peach fuzz. The boy has a slight smile on his face. However, it was not the “I’m happy to see you” smile. Instead, it was more like “Now I have you.”
JT confused
Who are you? Where are we?
Joshua calmly, but with a peculiar look in his eye…
My name is Joshua. I am your dream guide. I can do many things. My only limit is your imagination. We are inside your mind.
JT
How did you get inside my mind?
Joshua
Don’t you know? I've always been here. You have just never taken the time to notice me.
JT
Well, I don't know about you, but I really want to make this dream an adventure.
Joshua
I agree. Let's get started!
JT looks down at his feet
I would really like to clear away these clouds.
Joshua clears away the clouds
I can do that for you.
JT astonished
Wow! I am floating! This is incredible!
Joshua soaring like an eagle towards the ground
Now let’s have an adventure!
JT follows with great excitement
JT and Joshua are now traveling towards the mountains. By now it is nightfall. The people in the village are asleep. All of a sudden, the mountains start to move.
JT confused
Why are the mountains moving?
Joshua
Because they are really rock giants in your dreams. They awaken at night and work together to hold the moon in place.
The giants stand to their full height.
JT
They're huge!
Joshua
They need to be, so that way they can reach as far as the heavens.
JT
This is all so amazing.
Joshua
Well, let's move forward.
They continued at high speeds until they reached the
JT
I've always wanted to walk on water.
Joshua slowing down to a mid-air stand
Well, here you can. Come, I'll show you.
JT uneasily
Alright. They float down to the water. JT steps down with his right foot following his left. He takes one more step. I'm doing it! I'm really doing it!
Joshua walking beside him
Good work, JT.
JT is frozen stiff from excitement. He is able to achieve anything and everything he ever imagined. The wind is blowing at a steady rate, blowing JT's hair in a majestic manner.
JT excited
Now let's run at unbelievable speeds across the ocean!
Joshua
Okay.
JT
Ready?
Joshua
Ready.
They both cross the ocean. They looked like beams of light. Soon after, they arrived on land.
JT
I would like to teleport.
Joshua
Okay, where to?
JT
Um, lets go to my friend Stephi's house.
Joshua
Well okay, but you should know...
JT
Know what?
Joshua
Well, you can't exactly...
JT
Can't exactly what?
Joshua
People in the real world are...well how can I say this...
JT
For crying out loud, just spit it out already!!!
Joshua
Okay, okay! Humans whom you know in the real world can't interact with you here.
JT
Why not?
Joshua
Since this is your dream, you do not know exactly what humans in the real world act like every single second of time. Therefore, you cannot create an artificial human in your dream whom you can talk to.
JT
What?!
Joshua
However, you can create a visual of that person. All they can do is the things you can know.
JT
Well, that's dumb.
Joshua
Deal with it.
JT
But I don't have a deck of cards...
Joshua
Don't start with those corny jokes of yours.
JT
Which kind; canned, frozen, or on the cob?
Joshua
Any kind! Just quit the sarcasm!
JT
Well, I can't quit my job.
Joshua
You know what I mean!
JT
I do?
Joshua
YES!! Yes you do. Now will you please stop it?
JT
Stop what?
Joshua
Bah, forget it.
JT
I forgot.
Joshua
So, what were we talking about?
JT
You were saying to me that I cannot recreate people from the real world in my dream.
Joshua
Oh yeah. But anyways, why would you want any of them? You can have anything here in your dream.
JT now getting quite upset
Because I care about them, okay! I want them now!
Joshua now sounding very creepy
Well, none of them matter anymore.
JT
What do you mean, none of them matter anymore?
Joshua calmly
Well, you see; you don’t need them.
JT is still upset
In your dream, you don’t have to worry about anything. Not even the people who you care about most.
JT trying to understand
So what you’re saying is; as long as I am dreaming, nothing else matters?
Joshua
Exactly!
JT
And that there is no possible way to communicate with the outside world?
Joshua
That is correct.
JT
Then I want to stop dreaming. I never want to dream again.
Joshua
But…
JT
I don’t care! All I want is to see the people I love and care about, but I cannot do that here as you said, so I want to wake up.
Joshua creepily
But you see; it’s not that easy. You can’t just wake up whenever you want to. For, there are only two ways to return to the real world. One: you die in your dream, risking your health in the real world, or Two: your guide (I) withdraw from your dream.
JT confused
If that’s the case, why can’t I just kick you out of my dream?
Joshua startled
To himself: oh no, what if he finds out? What if he discovers the truth? If he found out that if he simply imagined me being gone, I’d be finished! Calm down, calm down! I must maintain control of his thoughts.
Why would you want to do that?
JT demanding
Because I want to get back to the real world! I wish you were gone!
JT is struggling to breathe. Gasping for air, the raindrops of sweat drop on his bed. He is trying so very hard to sit up. His heart rate is 197. The sweat is intense. He has this look on his face...kind of like when you are happy, but the weird kind of happy. He had the most unusually disturbing dream he’d had for months. After today, he will not ever want to go to sleep again.
5 comments:
I found that amusing and funny. Is this for your play?
this was very interesting. How in the world do you come up with these ideas? it is really good though.
definitely amusing-- i picture joshua turning in to some heinous looking being near the end, lol
but that would be more of a movie type deal.
That's pretty sweet. I love how I picture some evil little boy in my mind and I can also totally picture them running on water.
this seems like it would be kind of hard to do for a play...
Post a Comment